Electrical Service Project Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Service manager who wants to forward their career in the electrification industry. We specialize in a range of services including EV charging, generators, home automation, and emergency service just to name a few. Come bring your vision and talent to a company that appreciates its employees and a fast-growing environment with a lot of room for advancement. Stop watching the clock and start enjoying what you do.
An Electrical Service Project Manager leads a team of electricians to perform residential and commercial service and maintenance projects. Their main duties include estimating small projects, overseeing EV charging, service, and warranty projects, building, and training a team of service electricians, ordering material for projects, and billing the customer for work performed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage service requests, prepare items for billing, and schedule our service team to estimate and perform work.
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track and help create a smooth transition from the office to the field.
- Work closely with the project coordinator to ensure a scope of work is defined and permits are pulled.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Work with the operations to ensure proper processes are established for each project both in the office and in the field.
- Manage the administrative and customer service functions of the Service Department.
- Maintain open and positive communication (both in verbal and written form) with employees, departments, customers, and vendors.
- Maintain appropriate staffing level and workload distribution to meet customer and business needs.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and recommend policy changes as needed.
- Proactive and reactive management of all service personnel including hiring, training, motivation, career development, reviews, and safety.
- Perform annual merit reviews and development planning for service personnel.
- Analyze service productivity and recommend changes to improve customer service and profitability.
- Maintain high-quality service delivery in an efficient, productive, and profitable manner.
- Maintain ongoing maintenance schedules for service accounts.
- Review and approve necessary replacement requests.
- Organize, coordinate, and schedule all maintenance, replacement, and customer service work order(s).
- Assist or assign assistance for technicians on accounts to ensure work quality.
- Develop training for technicians and present at tech meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years or more of experience coordinating projects for the electrical, construction or similar industry.
- MA Electrical License (required) and NH is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering or a similar field is preferred.
- OSHA training is preferred.
- Ability to use and manage a field service management platform (Web/App based).
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues onsite or over the phone.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships with team members and customers.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Team management and leadership skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Manage the schedule for project managers, field employees, and service electricians.
- Desire to assist in taking current paper procedures online.
"DMH electrical technicians were professional, knowledgeable, and easy to deal with."- Chris G.
- MA Electrical License (required) and NH is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: based on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Worcester, MA 01564: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have a Massachusetts electrical journeyman license?
- Electrical Service Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location